Davies is a left-back playing his club football for Bundesliga club Bayern Munich and the Canada national team. Davies was born at Buduburam in Ghana on November 2, 2000. He began his football career at Edmonton International’s youth club in 2005.
Alphonso Davies Profile
|Player Full Name||Alphonso Davies|
|Current Club||Bayern Munich|
|Net Worth||5 million dollars|
|Market Value||63 million euros|
|Height||1.83m/ 6ft 0 in|
|Age||20 years old|
|Place of Birth||Buduburan, Ghana|
|Date of Birth||November 2, 2000|
Whitecaps FC 2
Davies signed for Whitecaps Fc 2 on February 23, 2016, at the age of 15 years, and 3 months as the youngest player to sign for the United Soccer League. He featured in 11 games starting in 9 and coming in as a substitute in two others. His debut game was on March 27, 2016, in a 1-0 win at OC Blues Fc.
After seven games in the USL, Davies finally scored his first goal for the club to set USL record as the youngest scorer after netting in a 4-1 win at home over LA Galaxy II on May 15, 2016. He also scored against Swope Park to finish the season with two goals.
Vancouver Whitecaps FC
He joined Vancouver on July 15, 2016, on a free transfer as the youngest active player in the Major League Soccer and debuted on July 17, 2016, in a 2-2 draw at home with Orlando City SC. He went on to play 26 MLS games in 2017 and registered just an assist against Sounders FC in a 1-1 draw at home.
In 2017, Davies featured 31 times in MSL, he scored 8 goals and registered 10 assists. His first goal was on the season opener 2-1 win over Montreal Impact in a game he as well assisted. He registered 3 assists and scored against Orlando City, scored a brace, and assisted in two goals against Minnesota United, one goal in a 2-1 win over Quakes, and on the last day of the season scored a brace against Timbers.
In his two Canadian Championship games, he scored a goal and an assist in a 2-1 win over Montreal Impact in the semifinal first leg and also in the second leg 4-2 loss. He scored his first CONCACAF Champions League on September 14, 2016, against Sporting Kc and assist in a 2-1 win to enable his club to advance in the competition. They were however eliminated in the semifinal by Tigres UANL after defeats in both legs.
With his rise in the MLS, he was named among the 60 best young soccer talents in 2017and clubs such as Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool showed interest in signing him but it was Bayern Munich who won the race for Davies who was named the Whitecap Fc Player of the year.
The German giants signed Davies in January 2019 for an MLS record fee of 10 million euros. He made his debut for the club in Telekom Cup final that Bayern from the spot kicks after the game ended with a 0-0 draw on January 12, 2019, against Borussia Monchengladbach. In his first season, he played six Bundesliga games and scored once against Mainz on March 17, 2019.
in 2019-20, his second season he played 29 Bundesliga games in which he had three goals and for assists. His first goal was against Mainz in a home 6-1 win. His other two-goal were against Frankfurt in which he assisted as well and against Dusseldorf on May 30, 2020.
This was the season Davies had a chance to starts in the Champions League debuting against Olympiacos in the group stage 2-0 win at home on November 6, 2019. He registered two assists against Tottenham Hotspurs, one against Chelsea in the last 16, and in the quarter-final 8-2 win over Barcelona on August 14, 2020. He also played five DFB-Pokal games and one in DFL Supercup.
In the 2020-21 season, Davies only scored one Bundesliga goal and had two assists in the Ligue. He failed to score in other competitions neither did he register an assist in his 35 appearances across all competitions. He was ruled out due to injury in five Bundesliga games due to torn ankle ligament. His only goal was against Bielefeld in a home 3-3 draw on February 15, 2021, and the two assists were against Dortmund and Wolfsburg.
He was called to the Canada U16 AND U17 squads but did not feature. On March 37, 2016, Rob Gale included Davies in the U20 team at the age of 15 years, 4 months, and 25 days in which he debuted in a 2-1 win over England on March 27, 2016. At the age of 16 years, 7 months, and 12 days Davies received his international call from Octavio Zambrano.
He made his debut senior team debut on July 14, 2017, in an international friendly 2-1 win over Curacao as the youngest to debut for Canada. His first goal was in the Gold Cup in a 4-2 win against French Guiana setting a record as the youngest score in the competition. He also scored against Costa Rica to finish as the top scorer in the competition.
Davies was included in the squad for the CONCACAF Nations League squad where he played three qualifying games as he assisted three times. He featured in four other games in the competition in 2019 scoring against the USA and Cuba.
In the World Cup Qualifiers, Davies scored four times for his county and assisted six times. In the 11-0 thrashing of Cayman Islands, Davies scored a brace and a goal against Aruba and Suriname a game he also had two assists as they won by four goals to nil.
Davies Market value
The Centre back’s value has risen over time; an analysis of the current value reveals that Davies has a market value of 70 million euros. Tracking back to his early days, he had a market value of 200,000 euros as of December 2016 when he was 16 years old playing at Ipswich Town.
His value rose to 10 million in June 2019 when he signed for Bayern Munich and within four months the value increased to 15 million. By the close of the year 2019, Davies was valued at 25 million euros when he was 19 years old.
February 2020, his value was 40 million, rose further to 50million in March but dropped 45 million in April. Once again, the value resumed growth to reach 60 million in July and hit 80 million in September 2020. In February 2021, he had a drop to 75 million and a further drop to 70 million in June.
Davies Net worth
The Center-back has an estimated net worth of 5 million dollars. The main source of his worth is his successful football career where he gets his earnings. With his age, Davies still has the potential to create more money and build on his worth.
Family, relationship, weight, and height
Davies was born in a refugee camp in Ghana to Debeah Davies who is his father and Victoria Davies as his mother. His parents fled their hometown Monrovia where they used to stay due to the Second Liberian Civil War.
At the age of five years, his family relocated to Canada where he attended Edmonton Catholic School District where he also started playing soccer at Edmonton international youths. In terms of body complexion, Davies is 1.83m tall and weighs 75kg.
Globally Davies ranks at 27 among all players in the world. In his country Canada, Davies is number one. Looking at how he sits at the club level and the Bundesliga, he settles for position 2 at Bayern Munich and position 3 in the Bundesliga respectively. At the left-back, which is his main position of play, he ranks number 1. A quick look at his age mates, players born in 200-, Davies stands at position 4.
FIFA 21 rating.
Davies has an overall rating of 82 with the potential of 89. He rates with four stars in skill moves and four stars for the weak foot. He has an international reputation of three. His work rate is high/low.
In the attack, the score is 74 for crossing, finishing 67, heading 84, short pass 81, and volleys 59. For movement, the scorers are 96 for acceleration, sprint speed of 96, agility 85, reactions 81, and balance 82.
A look at skills the scores are dribbling 85, Curve 67, FK accuracy 44, long pass 58, and ball control 79. Power the scores are; shot power 71, jumping 77, stamina 79, strength 72, and long shots 63.
At defense, defense awareness is 74, standing tackle 77, and sliding tackle of 79. Mental scores are 77 for aggression, interceptions 78, attacking position 75, vision 68, penalties 60, and composure 74.
The left-back had his first transfer happened when he joined Whitecaps FC2 from Whitecaps Fc Academy in February 2016 and after five months, he moved to Vancouver on a free transfer. He spent three years with the MLS side before the German giants Bayern Munich identified his talent and paid 10 million euros to acquire his signature on January 1, 2019.
Position and style of play
The main position of play for Davies is at the left-back. However, he has also played different other positions including the left-wing and right-wing. Davies’s style of play involves the use of his speed to move forward and likes to dribble beating fullback and proves a threat in the attack with his crosses.
Salary and contract
He joined Bayern Munich in January 2019 signing with the club a six-year contract that will keep him at the club until June 30, 2025. Alphonso Davies pockets a salary of 91,000 pounds a week totaling 4.7 million pounds per year at Bayern Munich.
- He made his UEFA Champions League debut on November 6, 2019, under Hansi Flick at the age of 19 years and 4 days in a 2-0 win over Olympiacos.
- Bundesliga’s debut was under Niko Kovac in a 4-1 win over Stuttgart on January 27, 2019, when he was aged 18 years, 2 months, and 25 days.
- In the CONCACAF Champions League, Davies started on August 3, 2016, under Carl Robinson when Vancouver Whitecaps Fc beat central Fc 2-1 when he was 15 years, 9 months, and 1 day.
- February 8, 2021, he debuted under Hansi Flick, he made a debut in the FIFA Club World Cup in Bayern 2-0 win over El Ahly Cairo.
- His DFB-Pokal debut was on October 29, 2019, under Niko Kovac at the age of 18 years, 11 months, and 27 days when Bayern won 2-1 over VFL Bochum.
- In Major League Soccer, Davies debuted under Carl Robinson in a 2-2 draw between Orlando City and Vancouver on July 17, 2016, at the age of 15 years, 8 months, and 15 days.
- Regionalliga Bayern debut was on February 24, 2019, in a 3-0 win by Bayern over Fc Ingolstadt under Holger Seitz when he was 18 years, 3 months, and 22 days.
- His USL Championship debut was at age of 15 years, 3 months, and 1 day under Alan Koch on April 3, 2016, in a 3-1 win by Whitecaps Fc 2 over Portlands Timber 2.
Achievements and individual awards
- Two-time U17 Player of the year for Canada- 2016 and 2017.
- Gold Cup Bright Future Award in 2017 CONCACAF.
- Gold Cup Golden Boot winner in 2017 CONCACAF.
- Named in Gold Cup Best XI 2017 for CONCACAF.
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Player of the Year in2018.
- Vancouver Whitecaps FC Goal of the Year in 2018.
- 2019-20 UEFA Champions League Squad of the Season.
- 2019-20 second best UEFA Defender of the Season.
- 2020 UEFA Team of the Year
- 2020 UEFA Champions League Breakthrough XI.
- 2020 IFFHS Men’s World Team.
- 2020 FIFA FIFPro World11 in 2020.
- 2020 Lionel Conacher Award winner.
- 2019-20 VDV Newcomer of the Season.
- Canadian Men’s Player of the Year in 2018.
- Bundesliga Rookie of the Month in May 2020.
- Bundesliga Rookie of the Season 2019–20.
- Bundesliga Team of the Season 2020–21
- kicker Bundesliga Team of the Season 2019–20.
- Three-time winner of the Bundesliga-2019,2020 and 2021.
- Two-time winner of DFB-Pokal Cup-2019 and 2020.
- Two-time winner of the DFL Supercup-2020 and 2021.
- EUFA Champions League winner in 2020.
- UEFA Super Cup winner in 2020.
- FIFA Club World Cup winner in 2020.